Not feeling happy with my functioning car, I have bought a project vehicle.
A 2003 Mercedes SL500. Yes, I Agree, a 2003 SL500 shouldn’t need restoration, but somebody has neglected this car on many aspects, and so now it needs a fair few jobs carrying out. 95,000 miles and mechanicaly sound.
First off, some lovely pictures:
Some of the issues that need to be resolved include:
- ABC pulsation damper
- ABC fluid flush and new filter
- Crank pulley needs replacing
- Roof leaks at the front edge onto your lap
- Dashboard leather has been abused
- Door car leather seriously abused (may need replacing)
- Passenger window doesnt go up or down
- Throttle pedal logs a fault when used to 100%
- Tank baffles rattling around
- Some bodywork (mostly) rust free though!
- SRS light on
- Keyless go handles faulty
- Keyless go cards missing
- Wing mirror adjustment switch broken
Going forward, I will document this restoration so that this lovely car is brought back to its former glory.
1,023 total views, 1 views today